Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy weeknight meal with a creamy garlic sauce similar to alfredo sauce. Adapted from an old Lipton recipe.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- Lightly coat chicken breasts in bread crumbs. Melt margarine in frying pan at medium heat and brown chicken.
- Mix together cold milk and soup mix. Pour over chicken, turning pieces to coat both sides.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 5-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook fettucine in boiling water per instructions (8-10 minutes).
- When chicken and fettucine are cooked, remove chicken to serving platter. Add mushrooms and sauce to fettucine and toss to coat. Serve alongside chicken for everyday or --
- For fancier presentation, cut chicken into strips and place atop a bed of fettucine.
Made for PAC 2008. Super duper and quick! Chicken and pasta are favorites of our family. Garlic is also a favorite of ours. This is a match. This is a delighful dish for weeknights after work and yet still put a delcious sinner on the table. I reduced to make for 3 people so I would have some for lunch later in the week. Not so, DH ate it for a snack after work one day. Next time full recipe to make so lunch is stillthere when I plan. Great recipe PAC BABY!