Recipe by BamaBelle30
Quick weeknight meal! You could cook the rice while the chicken marinates!
Top Review by LARavenscroft
Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag. This was so much different than any stir-fry that I've ever made. It was very good and garlicky! The only thing that we thought it lacked was more soy sauce, but that's very easy to add at the table. Thanks for posting this.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 large stalk celery, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in small bowl. Add soy sauce, garlic and black pepper; stir to coat. Marinate 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, stir chicken broth and onion powder into cornstarch in small bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add chicken; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and celery; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add corn; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir over high heat until mixture boils and slightly thickens.
- Serve over rice.