Has a mellow garlic flavored herb sauce for the chicken. Goes great with either mashed potatoes or rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 40 cloves garlic (cut any large cloves in half)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown chicken and garlic in hot oil in a large saute pan.
- Add wine, broth, lemon juice, and spices.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and garlic from pan and keep warm.
- Mix together remaining wine with the flour and mix into the pan juices, stirring briskly.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- Serve sauce with chicken and garlic.
- Mashed potatoes or rice may be served, if desired.
This recipe is absolutely delicious! I'm definitely adding this to my list of favorites. I added garlic powder and a little more salt, I also doubled the recipe. I'm dieting, so I served this over a bed of lettuce and fine chopped tomatoes! Yummy!!!
Amazing! 10 stars! We loved it! Next time I will double the sauce because it was so good! I also seasoned my chicken with garlic salt and pepper and that made it even more garlicky and amazing! Thank you for a great recipe!!
Very very good! I loved eating up the garlic bits.