1/1 Photo of Garlic Chicken
Sue Lau's Note:
Has a mellow garlic flavored herb sauce for the chicken. Goes great with either mashed potatoes or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 40 cloves garlic (cut any large cloves in half)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Brown chicken and garlic in hot oil in a large saute pan.
- 3Add wine, broth, lemon juice, and spices.
- 4Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 5Remove chicken and garlic from pan and keep warm.
- 6Mix together remaining wine with the flour and mix into the pan juices, stirring briskly.
- 7Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- 8Serve sauce with chicken and garlic.
- 9Mashed potatoes or rice may be served, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.5
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 382.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 27.9 g