Recipe by JustJanS
This is a family favourite and one we eat often in the summer when the barbecue is going. Prep time doesn't include marinating time.
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillet
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 bunch coriander, plants including roots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into serving pieces.
- Crush the garlic with the salt.
- Wash well, and finely chop the coriander plants.
- Mix all the seasonings together and rub this mix into the chicken pieces.
- Cover and allow to stand for at least one hour-overnight is better.
- Put on a grill tray (broiler tray) and grill (broil) turning every 5 minutes until the skin is crisp and brown and the chicken is cooked through.
- This could also be cooked on the BBQ over coals.
- Serve with plain steamed rice, and a salad of fresh ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced onion, rock salt and lemon juice to taste.