1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A tasty whole chicken. Despite the large amount used, the garlic is not overpowering. From "Great Good Food".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and dry chicken.
- 2Put the lemon inside the cavity of the chicken.
- 3Place in small roasting pan.
- 4Cut one of the cloves of garlic in half; rub it into the skin of the breast.
- 5Rub the breast with the ginger.
- 6Place chicken in preheated 400 F oven.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes.
- 8Add 1 1/2 cups broth.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes more.
- 10Reduce heat to 375 F.
- 11Add remaining broth and all the garlic.
- 12Cook for 30-40 minutes, basting frequently.
- 13Remove chicken from pan and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes, breast side down.
- 14Pour the pan juices into a gravy separator to remove fat.
- 15Mash garlic with fork.
- 16Over medium-high heat, cook and stir de-fatted juices and garlic until liquid is reduced by half.
- 18Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 19(If desired, thicken a bit more with some cornstarch and water.) Serve sauce with chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.1
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 155.2 mg
- Sodium 721.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 43.6 g