Recipe by Tebo
The soft garlic cloves and wine sauce turn this into company fare. If a thicker sauce is desired, reduce pan liquids for 2 minutes or more.
Top Review by karen bender
Easy AND great! I began thawing chicken at 5pm and searched this site for a quick recipe or at least some inspiration on what to make for dinner. Certainly got it!! Dinner was ready by 6pm and the whole family loved it. Since I didn't have time to go to the market I made a few adjustments with what I had on hand. I sliced all the garlic I had (only about half a bulb) and added sliced shallots. I also squeezed a little fresh lemon at the end. FANTASTIC!! Will definitely make this again.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 heads garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour and half the pepper in a bag.
- Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Brown chicken in oil over med high heat, remove to a plate.
- Add garlic and remaining flour to pan.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, wine, thyme and remaining pepper.
- Bring to a boil then simmer at med low for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to pan, cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes until garlic is tender and chicken is done.