Recipe by DoryJean54
A simply delicious recipe for garlic chicken,the garlic does a wonderful job of tenderizing the chicken so it nearly melts in your mouth! The secret is to use very fresh garlic.
- 4 egg yolks, beaten slightly
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drop the egg yolks, chopped garlic and chicken breasts in a zip-type bag. Press out as much air as possible and seal.
- Massage the bag to make sure that the chicken pieces are well coated with the egg & the garlic is well distributed.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Place melted butter in a 9x13 inch glass baking dish, tipping dish until bottom of pan is well coated.
- In small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in this coating mixture so they are coated well on all sides.
- Lay pieces in the baking dish in a single layer.
- Pour any remaining egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken & the juices run clear.