2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
This is a wonderful and easy recipe that I got from a friend's mom. She actually got it passed down to her by her Italian mother in law. Everyone who I have ever made this for asks me for the recipe, it is always a hit. My family now has this every Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 500°F.
- 2Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
- 3Salt and pepper the entire chicken.
- 4Place the chicken and the 40 cloves of garlic in a baking dish.
- 5Rub the crushed garlic on the inside of the chicken cavity.
- 6Place into oven for 20 minutes.
- 7Pour wine over chicken.
- 8Turn the heat down to 350°F.
- 9Baste occasionally (I baste mine every 15 minutes).
- 10Bake for 2 hours at 350°F or until a thermometer reads it is cooked.
- 11Remove all the liquid from the bottom of the pan and put into a food processor or blender.
- 12Squeeze all of the garlic out of the skins and into the juices.
- 13Add the cream; blend until smooth.
- 14Carve the bird, and top with sauce on plate.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.3
- Calories from Fat 450
- Total Fat 50.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 216.8 mg
- Sodium 172.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 40.3 g