Recipe by nickie409
This is a wonderful and easy recipe that I got from a friend's mom. She actually got it passed down to her by her Italian mother in law. Everyone who I have ever made this for asks me for the recipe, it is always a hit. My family now has this every Christmas.
Top Review by Cara and Tovina
I love roasted garlic but I never thought of putting the cloves in with the chicken - so easy! I actually just borrowed the idea when roasting a Blasted Chicken (142783) at 425. Unfortunately that was a little too hot and about half the garlic burned, but what was left still tasted great!
- 1 whole chicken
- 40 garlic cloves (left in the individual skin)
- 3 -5 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 500°F.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken.
- Salt and pepper the entire chicken.
- Place the chicken and the 40 cloves of garlic in a baking dish.
- Rub the crushed garlic on the inside of the chicken cavity.
- Place into oven for 20 minutes.
- Pour wine over chicken.
- Turn the heat down to 350°F.
- Baste occasionally (I baste mine every 15 minutes).
- Bake for 2 hours at 350°F or until a thermometer reads it is cooked.
- Remove all the liquid from the bottom of the pan and put into a food processor or blender.
- Squeeze all of the garlic out of the skins and into the juices.
- Add the cream; blend until smooth.
- Carve the bird, and top with sauce on plate.