Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
serve with boiled rice.
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 50 g green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed chili paste (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon low calorie sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Place chicken breasts in freezer for 1 to 2 hours or until very firm.
- but not frozen solid. Slice crosswise into thin shreds. In small bowl,.
- mix 1 TBS cornstach and 1 TBS water,.
- stirring until cornstarch is dissolved. Add chicken and mix well to coat.
- all pieces. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice green onions on the diagonal into very thin slices.
- Mince gingerroot and garlic. Combine Sauce ingredients, mixing well. Heat.
- wok or frying pan, add oil, and stir-fry chicken until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon. Add onions, ginger and garlic to wok.
- and stirfry about 30 seconds, until ginger and garlic are fragrant but not.
- brown. Return chicken to wok, restir sauce ingredients and add to wok.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is well combined, hot and bubbly.
- and thickens slightly. Turn off heat.