Recipe by Lainey39
This is a simple and delicious recipe for garlic chicken. Even if you are not fond of garlicky dishes, don't rule this one out. The garlic does a wonderful job of tenderizing the chicken so it nearly melts in your mouth. The secret is to make sure you use fresh garlic. If you see any green or hints of sprouting, the bulb is not fresh. I got the recipe from a newspaper article.
Top Review by Ohmikeghod
This recipe is a keeper. I used bone-in thighs instead of breasts and adjusted baking time accordingly (50 minutes @ 375). I also used Panko instead of regular bread crumbs, and added a tsp of Basil for additional taste. Delicious, garlicky, falling-off-the-bones chicken. Oh, yeah... I didn't use butter either, since thighs are fatty to begin with.
- 4 egg yolks, beaten slightly
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into desired portions
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drop the egg yolks, chopped garlic and chicken breasts into a zipper-type plastic bag.
- Press out as much air as possible and seal.
- Massage the bag to make sure the chicken pieces are all well coated with egg and the garlic is well distributed.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place melted butter in a 9x13-inch glass baking dish, tipping dish until bottom of pan is coated.
- In small mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Dredge chicken pieces in this mixture so they are coated well on all sides.
- Lay pieces in the baking dish in a single layer.
- Pour any remaining egg mixture over the top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until no pink remains in the chicken and the juices run clear.