1/2 Photos of Garlic Chicken
This is a simple and delicious recipe for garlic chicken. Even if you are not fond of garlicky dishes, don't rule this one out. The garlic does a wonderful job of tenderizing the chicken so it nearly melts in your mouth. The secret is to make sure you use fresh garlic. If you see any green or hints of sprouting, the bulb is not fresh. I got the recipe from a newspaper article.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drop the egg yolks, chopped garlic and chicken breasts into a zipper-type plastic bag.
- 2Press out as much air as possible and seal.
- 3Massage the bag to make sure the chicken pieces are all well coated with egg and the garlic is well distributed.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- 5Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 6Place melted butter in a 9x13-inch glass baking dish, tipping dish until bottom of pan is coated.
- 7In small mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 8Dredge chicken pieces in this mixture so they are coated well on all sides.
- 9Lay pieces in the baking dish in a single layer.
- 10Pour any remaining egg mixture over the top.
- 11Bake for about 40 minutes or until no pink remains in the chicken and the juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 557.8
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 325.0 mg
- Sodium 1661.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 43.6 g