Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 15 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups chicken stock
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Toss with flour until coated.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat until it begins to smoke. Add chicken, and stir fry until the pieces are lightly browned on the outside, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn heat to medium and stir in whole garlic cloves; continue stir frying for 5 minutes.
- Turn heat to low, and add dry sherry, soy sauce, and chicken stock. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is tender. Remove garlic cloves before serving.