Recipe by Geema
This spread is delicious on crackers and toasts, but also works as a filling for celery, endive and other vegetables.
Top Review by Rita~
OH my goodness! All you garlic & blue cheese lovers must try this! I did use gorgonzola, 4 clove garlis added fresh cracked black pepper and fresh chopped parsley. This is a great easy and make ahead appetizer! Thanks Geema!
- 1 lb gorgonzola or 1 lb blue cheese
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 fresh sage leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop garlic.
- Add to 1/4 cup of water in a small saucepan.
- Cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- Beat cheeses together.
- Add garlic mixture and salt, if desired.
- In a double layer of cheesecloth, put sage leaves in a decorative pattern in the center.
- Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Put cheese mixture on top of nuts.
- Gather cheesecloth and form a ball.
- Tie together.
- Put the cheeseball in a strainer over a dish and let sit in the refrigerator overnight to drain.
- Unwrap and serve with crackers or toasts.