Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are for a bread machine. They are delicious, and so moist and yummy! Great as a dinner roll, or even for a yummy sandwich!
For a small recipe
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons red star brand active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 -2 garlic clove, Crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Place Dough ingredients in bread pan, select Dough setting, and press Start.
- When dough has risen long enough, the machine will beep. Turn off bread machine, remove bread pan, and turn out dough onto a lightly floured counter top or cutting board. Gently roll and stretch dough into a 24- inch rope.
- For small dinner rolls grease 2 8-inch cake pans. With a sharp knife, divide dough into 16 pieces. (Hint: First cut dough into 8 equal pieces, and then cut those in half.
- For Sandwich buns. Grease 1 8-inch pan. With a sharp knife cut into 6 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball and place in a prepared cake pan. In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic and cheese; pour over rolls.
- Cover and let rise in a warm oven 30-45 minutes until doubled in size. (Hint: To warm oven slightly, turn oven on Warm setting for 1 minute, then turn off, and place covered dough in oven to rise. Remove pan from oven before preheating.).
- Preheat oven to 375°F Bake for 10-15 minutes until Golden. Remove from oven, cut apart and serve warm.