Recipe by Miss Annie
A cheese fondue and bread in one bite! It would be great with a light lunch or dinner with a green salad.
Top Review by LAURIE
French bread was buy one get one free this week and was I glad I tagged this recipe...Annie this is great, loved the swiss cheese instead of my usual mozzeralla! Gave it a nice nutty flavor. Did it on the grill too so it smelled great outside....Going camping this weekend and this is going to be on the menu! TY!!!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, grated
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half (use more if too dry)
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Cut bread into 1-1/2 inch slices, but not all the way through.
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pat between slices.
- Wrap loaf tightly in foil and bake at 400 F until cheese is melted and bread is heated through, about 20 minutes.