1/3 Photos of Garlic-Cheese Chicken Wings
1 hr 45 mins
Shelby Jo's Note:
From Taste of Home October/November 2003. Donna Pierce of Lady Lake, Florida writes, "I developed this recipe several years ago using chicken breasts, then decided to try it on wings as an appetizer -- and it was a hit! If you like garlic, you're sure to enjoy these tender zesty bites."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic, bulbs whole (large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 15 whole chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or seperate cloves). Cut top off garlic bulbs. Brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Wrap each bulb in heavy duty foil. Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool 10-15 minutes.
- 2Squeeze the softened garlic in to a food processor. Add butter, hot pepper sauce, and remaining oil, cover and process until smooth. Pour into a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheeses, and pepper.
- 3Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- 4Dip chicken wings into the garlic mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place on a greased rack in a 15-in x 10-in x 1-in baking pan; drizzle with any remaining garlic mixture.
- 5Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Cheese Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (1416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2149.5
- Calories from Fat 1471
- Total Fat 163.5 g
- Saturated Fat 61.1 g
- Cholesterol 422.0 mg
- Sodium 3140.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 100.7 g