Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This savory bread is definately a cheese and garlic lover's delight! This can be prepared a head of time, and refrigerated until ready to broil. Of coarse the garlic may be adjusted to suit taste, but I believe that 6-8 cloves are the perfect amount.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon green onion, finely minced
- 6 -8 cloves fresh minced garlic
- French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (first seven).
- Beat until blended.
- Spread on ONE side only, of each slice of bread.
- Place the slices on an ungreased baking sheet (cheese side up).
- BROIL 4 inches from the heat for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and lightly browned.
I think I would have liked this better if I'd used 4oz of cream cheese & 4oz of butter, instead of all cream cheese. It wasn't bad, but the spread was much too creamy, and not particularly cheesy (it felt like the fresh parmesan became lost).
Wow, a wonderful addition to any meal. Super delicious! No need for a main dish, just this and salad is very satisfying.
Although this made good garlic bread, it wasn't great - I really prefer your Delicious Cheesy Parmesan Garlic Bread recipe #105726; however, I loved this mixture at room temperature spread on whole wheat crackers! It was quick & easy with ingredients I usually have in the pantry. Thanx Carol!