Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This savory bread is definately a cheese and garlic lover's delight! This can be prepared a head of time, and refrigerated until ready to broil. Of coarse the garlic may be adjusted to suit taste, but I believe that 6-8 cloves are the perfect amount.
Top Review by AK-Amber
I think I would have liked this better if I'd used 4oz of cream cheese & 4oz of butter, instead of all cream cheese. It wasn't bad, but the spread was much too creamy, and not particularly cheesy (it felt like the fresh parmesan became lost).
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon green onion, finely minced
- 6 -8 cloves fresh minced garlic
- French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (first seven).
- Beat until blended.
- Spread on ONE side only, of each slice of bread.
- Place the slices on an ungreased baking sheet (cheese side up).
- BROIL 4 inches from the heat for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and lightly browned.