Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Mmm, these are good, a lot like the Red Lobster biscuits everyone keeps raving about.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup bacon fat
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- melted butter
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix in salt, garlic, and dry mustard into the flour, using a fork or a whisk to distribute spice.
- Cut in bacon lard with pastry cutter until mixture has the texture of cornmeal.
- Fold in cheese.
- Add milk and mix gently.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a well-buttered cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.