Recipe by KPD
I just love these! Of course I also LOVE garlic and cheddar, so what can I say!! They remind me of the biscuits you get at Red Lobster. Recipe is easy to cut in half when you don't need to make that many. This is my take on a Paula Deen recipe!
Top Review by Margie99
I have made different versions of this recipe and I like this one. I like the addition of the Old Bay seasoning. I made several batches for a church function so I was able to tweak it like I want it. I ended up adding the salt and pepper to the biscuits and omitting it from the butter. I also upped the Old Bay in the butter. I used parchment paper and then put the still hot biscuits on a cookie rack inside a cookie sheet. This made it possilbe to make several batches and I didn't have to clean the cookie sheets in between.
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (optional)
Garlic Butter Topping
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bisquick mix, cheese and old bay in a small bowl. Add water and stir until combined. (Dough will be slightly moist not runny).
- Form dough into tablespoon-sized balls and line on greased baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees until biscuits begin to brown and firm up.
- While biscuits are in the oven, make the butter in a small bowl by combining the remaining ingredients and mixing well.
- When biscuits come out of oven, brush with garlic butter.