Prep 0 mins
Cook 16 mins
- 25 g fresh garlic or 25 g garlic paste
- 2 medium onions, chopped and cut in thin lengths
- 75 g red capsicums, chopped in thin long pieces
- 75 g boiled peas, only washed and dipped in normal water for 3-4 minutes
- 200 g basmati rice, dipped in water after washing for half an hour to remove starch
- 240 ml water, if cooked in cooker and if to be boiled in open add water as you do normally
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 10 cashew nuts, broken in half
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Put oil in cooker 1 teaspoonful and put jeera/blackpepper and cashewnuts and fry for minute.
- Put rice after draining water and fry for 2 minutes on heat.
- Put water in cooker and salt as per taste for rice only and close the cooker.
- Meanwhile put frying pan on heat and add oil, and put garlic in it, fry till it turns brown.
- Now put onion into the pan and fry for 6 minutes on high heat and then put peas into the pan.
- Now put some salt for this mixture and keep frying.
- After 5 minutes put capsicum pieces also and fry for 3 minutes.
- If you like green chillies put with capsicum.
- Side by side the rice are ready and mix the same in pan.
- Pulao is ready for serving.
- Serve this pulao with curd and enjoy.
The flavours in this are delicious. I actually threw everything together in the order of the recipe, but didn't put the rice in it. I ate it with meat and other vegetables on the side. For those puzzled like me, jeera powder is cumin.