I love green beans and garlic, so I decided to add garlic cloves to my beans as I was canning them. This is much healthier for you than what you get in the grocery store and tastes better, too.
- Wash and break green beans, then wash and rinse again.
- Put into large pot, cover with water and bring to boil. Let boil 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sterilize jars in boiling water bath and sterilize seals.
- Place 1 garlic clove into jars.
- Ladle green beans into hot jars, then fill jars with hot bean water, making sure to leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt to each pint.
- Wipe rims of jars, place hot seals on jars and tighten bands.
- Place in pressure canner and process 20 minutes at 10 lbs pressure.
Hey....if it's got garlic, it's got my attention! The whole procedure for these was really easy. And the amounts are perfect! Thanks for posting a keeper!