1/2 Photos of Garlic Canned Green Beans
I love green beans and garlic, so I decided to add garlic cloves to my beans as I was canning them. This is much healthier for you than what you get in the grocery store and tastes better, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and break green beans, then wash and rinse again.
- 2Put into large pot, cover with water and bring to boil. Let boil 5-10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, sterilize jars in boiling water bath and sterilize seals.
- 4Place 1 garlic clove into jars.
- 5Ladle green beans into hot jars, then fill jars with hot bean water, making sure to leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- 6Add 1/4 tsp salt to each pint.
- 7Wipe rims of jars, place hot seals on jars and tighten bands.
- 8Place in pressure canner and process 20 minutes at 10 lbs pressure.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Canned Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (2268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g