Recipe by kwlabear
I love green beans and garlic, so I decided to add garlic cloves to my beans as I was canning them. This is much healthier for you than what you get in the grocery store and tastes better, too.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and break green beans, then wash and rinse again.
- Put into large pot, cover with water and bring to boil. Let boil 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sterilize jars in boiling water bath and sterilize seals.
- Place 1 garlic clove into jars.
- Ladle green beans into hot jars, then fill jars with hot bean water, making sure to leave 1/4 inch headspace.
- Add 1/4 tsp salt to each pint.
- Wipe rims of jars, place hot seals on jars and tighten bands.
- Place in pressure canner and process 20 minutes at 10 lbs pressure.