Recipe by Shabby Sign Shoppe
My version has a bit more kick with garlic and fresh basil. Great for Summertime grilling as a side or add sliced chicken for a main dish.
- 1 (13 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (8 ounce) can black olives
- 4 -5 tablespoons basil, fresh chiffonade
- 15 ounces caesar salad dressing, divided (don't skimp)
- 1 (16 ounce) package croutons
- 1 (16 ounce) bag salad greens, romaine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook torellini.
- Rinse several times in strainer.
- In a fairly large bowl mix first 7 ingredients with 1/4 jar of dressing. (****please note: The jarred dressing (I like Marzetti's Caeser Supreme) is really thick so I typically use 1/4 the jar to toss the pasta with ingredients and then add water and shake well.).
- Allow mixture to marry a few hours and chill 2-3 hours in refrigerator.
- Before serving add lettuce and 1/2 jar of dressing.
- Use enough to coat the lettuce and remoisten the pasta mixture.
- Top with croutons.