Recipe by Karen Elizabeth
Garlic and mushrooms make a wonderful combination. If possible, use a balti pan or cast iron frying pan and don't stand on ceremony - serve straight from the pan! From The Inspired Vegetarian
Top Review by momaphet
I cut the recipe down and it made a delicious snack for one. I enjoyed the tang of the lemon juice with the garlic, my only changes were to slice my mushrooms and to used dried bread crumbs. Thanks for a great recipe! Made for ZWT 8 Family Picks by one of The Wild Bunch
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 ounce butter
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and butter in a balti pan/wok/cast iron frying pan.
- Add the spring onions and garlic, and stir-fry over a medium heat for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the whole button mushrooms, and fry over a high heat for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring and tossing with a large wide spatula or wooden spoon, all the time.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes, until the lemon juice has virtually evaporated, and then serve.