Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Garlic and mushrooms make a wonderful combination. If possible, use a balti pan or cast iron frying pan and don't stand on ceremony - serve straight from the pan! From The Inspired Vegetarian
- Heat the oil and butter in a balti pan/wok/cast iron frying pan.
- Add the spring onions and garlic, and stir-fry over a medium heat for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the whole button mushrooms, and fry over a high heat for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring and tossing with a large wide spatula or wooden spoon, all the time.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes, until the lemon juice has virtually evaporated, and then serve.
I cut the recipe down and it made a delicious snack for one. I enjoyed the tang of the lemon juice with the garlic, my only changes were to slice my mushrooms and to used dried bread crumbs. Thanks for a great recipe! Made for ZWT 8 Family Picks by one of The Wild Bunch
Simply delicious with grilled steak and green salad last night. I used crimini's and Panko crumbs as that's what I had for crumbs and don't white bread in the house. With the liquid the panko ended up soft anyway. Great taste and loved the lemon essence. Thanks Karen for sharing this keeper recipe.
Fabulous mushroom recipe! I used gluten free dry bread crumbs, which worked very well. Thanks for sharing, this made an excellent side dish today!<br/>Made for CQ 2014