Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Garlic and mushrooms make a wonderful combination. If possible, use a balti pan or cast iron frying pan and don't stand on ceremony - serve straight from the pan! From The Inspired Vegetarian
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 ounce butter
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb button mushroom
- 1 1⁄2 ounces fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a balti pan/wok/cast iron frying pan.
- Add the spring onions and garlic, and stir-fry over a medium heat for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the whole button mushrooms, and fry over a high heat for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring and tossing with a large wide spatula or wooden spoon, all the time.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon juice and seasoning.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes, until the lemon juice has virtually evaporated, and then serve.
I cut the recipe down and it made a delicious snack for one. I enjoyed the tang of the lemon juice with the garlic, my only changes were to slice my mushrooms and to used dried bread crumbs. Thanks for a great recipe! Made for ZWT 8 Family Picks by one of The Wild Bunch
The lemon added a clean spark to the dish. I made as directed and served with grilled chicken and a green salad. My mushrooms were varied in size so I cut the bigger ones in half. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Simply delicious with grilled steak and green salad last night. I used crimini's and Panko crumbs as that's what I had for crumbs and don't white bread in the house. With the liquid the panko ended up soft anyway. Great taste and loved the lemon essence. Thanks Karen for sharing this keeper recipe.