Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Perfect, fluffy rice full of flavour!
- 3⁄4 cup basmati rice
- 400 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules or 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
- Melt butter in a large, non-stick pan and then add the raw rice.
- Stir for 3-4mins until the rice is well coated and beginning to brown (be careful not to over cook it).
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Then cover and leave to simmer until the liquid in 'almost' absorbed.
- Stir in the garlic.
- Cover and allow to continue cooking for a few more minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Rice is done if it lifts nicely when fluffed with a fork.
- For plain buttered rice follow steps 1-3 but allow the rice to absorb all of the liquid after stock is added to get to step 6.