Perfect, fluffy rice full of flavour!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large, non-stick pan and then add the raw rice.
- 2Stir for 3-4mins until the rice is well coated and beginning to brown (be careful not to over cook it).
- 3Add the stock and bring to the boil. Then cover and leave to simmer until the liquid in 'almost' absorbed.
- 4Stir in the garlic.
- 5Cover and allow to continue cooking for a few more minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- 6Rice is done if it lifts nicely when fluffed with a fork.
- 7For plain buttered rice follow steps 1-3 but allow the rice to absorb all of the liquid after stock is added to get to step 6.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Buttered Rice
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.0 mg
- Sodium 297.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 11.4 g