Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I think this was originally from a Reiman publication. Another fine way to spice up plain old green beans.
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Cook green beans in water to cover until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender.
- Add onion and garlic powders.
- Drain beans, add to skillet and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Great way to liven up my canned green beans.I also added onions instead of the onion powder.YUM, YUM.T hanks !!
Very tasty side dish, garlic and onion powder were not over-powerful. It gave it a wonderful taste, and the mushrooms were a nice addition. Great for company or potluck's. Was easy to make!
This recipe was soooo good! I used fresh green beans and threw in a little more garlic. Great recipe Karen, thanks.