Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick way to cook some great fresh corn on the cob. Super easy and simple ingredients.
Make and share this Garlic Buttered BBQ Corn recipe from Food.com.
- Remove corn husk and silk.
- place each cob on it's own sheet of aluminium foil.
- cream together softened butter, garlic and parsley.
- divide butter mixture equally among corn and smear liberally over cob.
- sprinkle each cob with salt, fresh ground pepper and sugar to your liking.
- (just a tiny pinch of sugar adds to the flavour of the corn and brings out the sweetness if the corn isn't one of the sweeter varieties).
- wrap up each cob securly in the foil.
- place on the bbq and grill for approximately 20 mins, turning occasionally (until corn kernels have slight give under pressure).
- unwrap (carefull, they hold the heat for quite a long time) and enjoy!
- CHOOSE YOUR CORN CAREFULLY! I reccomend peaches and cream corn and if when you're husking the cork it is already a dark yellow colour, it's not the best choice for this recipe (as IngridH likely experienced). I am actually a corn merchandiser and I highly suggest taking the time to pull the husk back a bit in the store to make sure you're getting corn that's a pale yellow and white mix of small scale firm kernals -- so you know you're not getting old corn!
This was very easy, and the flavor was very good, but I felt that the cooking time was way too long. My corn looked beautiful, but the texture was gummy. I'll definitely use your butter mix, though, it was great!