Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick way to cook some great fresh corn on the cob. Super easy and simple ingredients.
- 4 ears corn on the cob
- 4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- cracked black pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- sugar (to taste)
- 4 sheets aluminum foil
- Remove corn husk and silk.
- place each cob on it's own sheet of aluminium foil.
- cream together softened butter, garlic and parsley.
- divide butter mixture equally among corn and smear liberally over cob.
- sprinkle each cob with salt, fresh ground pepper and sugar to your liking.
- (just a tiny pinch of sugar adds to the flavour of the corn and brings out the sweetness if the corn isn't one of the sweeter varieties).
- wrap up each cob securly in the foil.
- place on the bbq and grill for approximately 20 mins, turning occasionally (until corn kernels have slight give under pressure).
- unwrap (carefull, they hold the heat for quite a long time) and enjoy!
- CHOOSE YOUR CORN CAREFULLY! I reccomend peaches and cream corn and if when you're husking the cork it is already a dark yellow colour, it's not the best choice for this recipe (as IngridH likely experienced). I am actually a corn merchandiser and I highly suggest taking the time to pull the husk back a bit in the store to make sure you're getting corn that's a pale yellow and white mix of small scale firm kernals -- so you know you're not getting old corn!
This was very easy, and the flavor was very good, but I felt that the cooking time was way too long. My corn looked beautiful, but the texture was gummy. I'll definitely use your butter mix, though, it was great!