Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry. Shrimp in garlicky spiced broth with mashed potatoes.
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt & pepper
- Heat mashed potatoes according to package directions.
- Cook garlic in butter on low heat for 1-2 minutes just until they release their oil. Add garlic and butter to a pot with chicken broth, taco seasoning, cumin, garlic, & the rest of the butter. Heat to boiling. Add shrimp & heat through.
- Spoon a mound of mashed potatoes high into the center of a soup bowl. Fill surrounding area with shrimp and broth. Serve with crusty french bread.
High marks for simplicity and overall prep time. Used Old El Paso taco seasoning which ended up having more of a red pepper flake kick than I thought it would, but we like that and are excited to try to find more creative uses for taco seasoning. Luckily left a couple shrimp out for the daughter who doesn't like anything spicy. Definitely get the french bread, three of us finished a whole loaf dipping it into the sauce. Great meal for a busy evening and still feeling like something different.