Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 473.18 ml rice
- 946.36 ml water
- 78.07 ml margarine
- 14.78 ml chicken, bullion
- 29.58-44.37 ml minced garlic (fresh)
- Place rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water until water runs clear- about 1 1/2 minutes.Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water.This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick. It is very important that you do not skip this step.
- Heat margarine in a larger dutch oven with a tight fitting lid. Drop a few rice grains in and if they sizzle then it is ready. Add rice and fry stirring until rice is light golden and translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add water and chicken bullion. Increase heat to medium high, and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and transfer pan to oven to bake. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir. Bake for another 10 minutes, then add minced garlic and stir. Bake another 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Add additional margarine, if it is not buttery enough.