My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold running water until water runs clear- about 1 1/2 minutes.Shake rice vigorously to remove excess water.This step removes the starch from the rice so it will not stick. It is very important that you do not skip this step.
- 2Heat margarine in a larger dutch oven with a tight fitting lid. Drop a few rice grains in and if they sizzle then it is ready. Add rice and fry stirring until rice is light golden and translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- 3Add water and chicken bullion. Increase heat to medium high, and bring to a boil.
- 4Cover pan and transfer pan to oven to bake. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir. Bake for another 10 minutes, then add minced garlic and stir. Bake another 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 5Add additional margarine, if it is not buttery enough.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Butter Rice - Baked
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.9
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: