Recipe by History Teacher
I love this recipe. It is so simple, and yet, so delicious. I serve these potatoes with my Tarragon Cream Chicken. However, they are a delicious accompaniment to any meal. I took this recipe from Southern Living. It can be found in their Ultimate Quick and Easy cookbook. I generally do make a couple of changes- I add 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt to the garlic butter. I also often add minced fresh dill when I have it. Enjoy!
- 18 new potatoes, quartered (about 2 3/4 lbs.)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (not in original recipe) (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (not in original recipe) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add potato to salted water in a large saucepan. Cook, covered, 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. (Do NOT overcook the potatoes- they will be mushy!).
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and salt (optional). Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Add parsley, pepper, and dill (optional). Pour over potatoes, tossing gently to coat.