I love this recipe. It is so simple, and yet, so delicious. I serve these potatoes with my Tarragon Cream Chicken. However, they are a delicious accompaniment to any meal. I took this recipe from Southern Living. It can be found in their Ultimate Quick and Easy cookbook. I generally do make a couple of changes- I add 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt to the garlic butter. I also often add minced fresh dill when I have it. Enjoy!
- 18 new potatoes, quartered (about 2 3/4 lbs.)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced (more or less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (not in original recipe) (optional)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (not in original recipe) (optional)
- Add potato to salted water in a large saucepan. Cook, covered, 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. (Do NOT overcook the potatoes- they will be mushy!).
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and salt (optional). Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Add parsley, pepper, and dill (optional). Pour over potatoes, tossing gently to coat.
Easy and delicious! I melted the butter and the garlic in the afternoon, reheated the sauce just before serving. Did not add the dill but did use some salt. Served this with your Tarragon Chicken and got compliments on both of your dishes!