Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just made this recipe up years ago. The bread crumbs and garlic powder bring alot of flavor to the egg noodles. It is one of my sons favorites.
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick of butter)
- 1 -2 tablespoon garlic powder (I like garlic)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup progresso Italian style breadcrumbs
- Make the Egg Noodles and drain. Put them back in the pot and add the stick of butter and stir to melt.
- Add the garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- You can stop right there and have garlic buttered noodles -- but you can kick up the flavor like I do and add the Italian Style bread crumbs. Don't add to much or it can get dry because the bread crumbs soak up the butter.
Very quick and easy side dish that I will make again. I also love garlic, but decided to use only the 1 T. of garlic powder and it was quite strong, so will cut back on the amount next time or I might use fresh garlic instead of the powder. Because of your warning about the bread crumbs soaking up the butter, I used 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup. Thanks for sharing your recipe.