Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Leave it Paula Deen to find yet another place to put butter :)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of, only
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare grill for medium direct heat or preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, mash together the butter, parsley, garlic and lemon zest. Form the mixture into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the beef, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties about 1 inch thick; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Cut a slit 1/2" deep into the side of each burger. Cut the butter log into 8 slices; tuck 1 slice into the slit in each burger, pressing it deep into the burger. Pinch the slits closed so the meat totally covers the butter.
- Grill or broil the burgers for 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare, turning once. Top burgers with the remaining butter slices serve with desired condiments.