1/4 Photos of Garlic-Butter Bread for Soups or Barbecues
An old favourite, and let's not complicate it! No added herbs are necessary. You buy the bread, and the rest takes a few minutes. Always popular, so two loaves are better than one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 325 deg F/160 deg Celsius.
- 2Slice the bread neatly into generous slices, but DO NOT SLICE THROUGH.
- 3Mix well together in a bowl: the butter, olive oil (use a fruity one), finely chopped and crushed garlic, and parsley.
- 4Add a good pinch seasoned salt, if you want to. It's not necessary and can be left out.
- 5Without breaking the bottom crust, spread the butter mixture on the slices.
- 6(Depending on size of bread you might have to use more butter-olive oil-garlic-parsley).
- 7Push the bread together into its original shape, and wrap it securely in foil.
- 8Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, but long enough for the garlic butter to melt and penetrate.
- 9Open the foil, turn off the oven, and let the top of the bread crisp a little.
- 10Serve with grilled meats or with a hearty chowder-type soup. Can also be served with a salad for lunch.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Butter Bread for Soups or Barbecues
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.5
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 347.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g