Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An old favourite, and let's not complicate it! No added herbs are necessary. You buy the bread, and the rest takes a few minutes. Always popular, so two loaves are better than one!
- Heat oven to 325 deg F/160 deg Celsius.
- Slice the bread neatly into generous slices, but DO NOT SLICE THROUGH.
- Mix well together in a bowl: the butter, olive oil (use a fruity one), finely chopped and crushed garlic, and parsley.
- Add a good pinch seasoned salt, if you want to. It's not necessary and can be left out.
- Without breaking the bottom crust, spread the butter mixture on the slices.
- (Depending on size of bread you might have to use more butter-olive oil-garlic-parsley).
- Push the bread together into its original shape, and wrap it securely in foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, but long enough for the garlic butter to melt and penetrate.
- Open the foil, turn off the oven, and let the top of the bread crisp a little.
- Serve with grilled meats or with a hearty chowder-type soup. Can also be served with a salad for lunch.
Wonderful garlic bread!!! I used a nice French bread from the bakery. I softened 1/2 stick of butter then gradually added some of olive oil, at about 2 1/2 tablespoons I stopped as I felt had reached a good texture/consistency. I used the maximum amount listed for the garlic, as I had to use jarred minced (refrigerated) garlic and then added some garlic salt for the seasoning salt. This spread perfectly over the slices and I then added some to the top and sides of the bread. We enjoyed this bread with spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Thanks for sharing this recipe Zurie!!! Made for Photo Tag.
Made for Spring PAC 2014 and what a winner. I used store bought french bread, and I did add about 5 gloves of garlic....I don't think I have ever used olive oil in the garlic butter recipes I have made but this is tops! Thank you for posting. Will be using this again. Served with Meatitarian Chili#452986.
What a wonderful garlic bread this recipe makes Zurie. We loved it, a big bold buttery, salty garlic flavor, that was out of this world. Quick and super easy to make with terrific results. I made a half a recipe, next time I will make a whole recipe and freeze the rest. It was simply delicious served with Garlic Lemon Shrimp - Taste of Home #463094. My dh said to give you 5*'s for the best garlic bread he has eaten in a long time. Thank you so much for sharing this treat.