Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Cooking time is chilling time. Herb butters are a nifty way to spice up any meal. I like herbed butters as a quick easy way to flavor frozen or canned veggies. Just add a dab of herbed butter and heat up the veggies. You can substitute margarine for the butter. If you choose to use dried herbs instead of fresh use 1 1/2 times the amount called for.
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 8 ounces sweet unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Let butter soften to room temperature.
- Beat in other ingredients.
- Pack butter into molds or crocks or form balls with a melon baller.
- Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Can be stored for upto 1 month in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
Used this as a base for a white pizza, topped with cheese and arugula. Perfect garlic to butter ratio.
This is great! DH and I have become garlic nuts and are always looking for new recipes. This is a keeper. We used this on toasted bread, potatoes and veggies!! Yummy and super easy!
It's delicious. I used 5 garlic cloves. Next time, I'll add parsley just to give it a nice color. I didn't use black pepper. Thanks Nyteglori :)