I know there are a lot of garlic recipes out there. This is my standby, and it's just as good on a steak as it is on steamed vegetables. It's very close to heaven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small saucepan, parboil the garlic for 1 minute. Discard the water.
- 2Return the garlic to the pan.
- 3Add 2 cups water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and bring to the boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the water has almost entirely evaporated and the garlic is very soft.
- 5Transfer the cloves to a bowl and smash them to a paste with a spatula or spoon.
- 6Add the remaining ingredients, and mix well. transfer to a small bowl and cover tightly.
- 7Store in a cool place until ready to use, but no longer than 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Butter
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 3.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: