Recipe by Sascha
I know there are a lot of garlic recipes out there. This is my standby, and it's just as good on a steak as it is on steamed vegetables. It's very close to heaven.
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, parboil the garlic for 1 minute. Discard the water.
- Return the garlic to the pan.
- Add 2 cups water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the water has almost entirely evaporated and the garlic is very soft.
- Transfer the cloves to a bowl and smash them to a paste with a spatula or spoon.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and mix well. transfer to a small bowl and cover tightly.
- Store in a cool place until ready to use, but no longer than 8 hours.