Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A quick and easy main dish with a unique flavor.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (~2 lbs)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (I use Brown Sugar Substitute 62506)
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Mix all remaining ingredients.
- Pour over chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- For variety: Add steamed broccoli just before serving, or add chunked pineapple 30- 45 minutes before serving.
We really liked the taste of the chicken. My hubby was pretty skeptical at first, but he decided he liked it in the end. One thing I will do differently next time . . . I added the broccoli to the crockpot at the end as suggested. I don't know if it soaked up too much of the sauce or what, but it was way too bitey and took away from the good flavor of the chicken. In the future, I will just keep it separate.
This is SOOOO good!!! I started with frozen chicken breasts, and they were still done on time. Couldn't be easier to throw together! The sauce didn't quite cover my chicken, so about three and a half hours in, I turned the chicken breasts. I know its a no-no for the crockpot, but still turned out fabulous. The chicken breasts were a fabulous mahogany colored, and sooooo flavorful!!!
Very delicious dinner! I used ginger ale, rice wine vinegar and white vinegar. I doubled the sauce and I'm glad I did. My crock pot makes everything really watery so I poured the sauce into a pot and reduced it over med-high heat while I made the rice until it was a syrupy consistency. My chicken was done in 3 hours on low. My husband took this for lunch the next day and it was still delicious.