Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This broth is the beginning for an endless number of soups. Put it in containers and freeze. Then consider adding noodles or rice. Fresh veggies. Add some little dumplings. Use this as a start for sauces - risotto, cream soups or any recipe that calls for consomme. I love it because you use your veggie water instead of throwing it away and it's handy in your freezer - a real budget stretcher
- 1 1⁄2 quarts vegetable broth (save your veggie water from previuos cooking, carrot, potatoe,bean etc are excellent)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lite olive oil (or virgin)
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 16 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients and simmer slowley for apprx 40 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf and smear the garlic budds on a crusty roll or discard them as well.