Recipe by KGCOOK
I use this recipe when I want to make something a little different. This recipe has no meat ingredients and is great for vegetarians. Found this recipe is a book called: Totally Garlic cookbook.
- 2 1⁄2 quarts water
- 4 heads garlic, separated into cloves
- 1 onion, sliced 1/2 thick
- 2 leeks, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/2 thick
- 2 carrots, sliced 1/2 thick
- 1 potato, unpeeled, quartered
- 6 parsley sprigs
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black peppercorns
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 cup water in large pot over high heat.
- Add garlic, onion, and leeks.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover then reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add remaining water, celery, potatoe, parsley, thyme, carrots, bay leaf, and peppercorns.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer 1 hour.
- Strain stock, pressing as much liquid from vegetables as possible.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Refrigerate up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.