- 2 garlic heads, unpeeled but heads separated
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 48 fluid ounces water
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 celery ribs, cut into thirds
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap garlic and bay leaf in cheesecloth and tie shut.
- Place with all other ingredients in a soup pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes; remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Remove garlic and bay leaf.
- Puree the broth and vegetables in a blender or food processor.
- Season to taste.