Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very simple recipe for those of you who like garlic. Great if you are eating solo.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic (or more if you love garlic like I do)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (watch out for the hot stuff!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning (ie. Mrs. Dash)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves
- Combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Brush over the chicken.
- Broil the chicken for 10 minutes each side, 2 inches or so from the heat.
- Brush frequently with the sauce.
- Serves 1-2 people.
This is a great recipe and very quick and easy. I would recommend doubling the basting sauce. You may need to let the chicken go up to 12 mins per side if they are the thicker variety.
Don't invite any vampires over for dinner. This is a garlicy treat ready in a snap. Unbenowst to me the last of the dijon was used this morning so I substituted a grainy English mustard. My chicken cookeed in 12 minutes, 6 minutes on each side, and was moist and flavorful. This is one of those recipes you want to keep on hand when you're short on time and inspiration but still want a tasty meal. Thanks for sharing.