Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
The garlic in this recipe mellows during broiling, creating a rich aroma and flavor. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2-3 1⁄2 lbs frying chicken, whole (cut in half)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- cooked rice
- in small bowl stir together butter, pepper, garlic and soy sauce.
- heat broiler.
- place chicken on greased broiler pan. broil chicken 6 to 8" from heat, turning every 10 minutes and brushing with butter mixture durning last 10 minutes for 30 to 35 minutes or until fork tender.
- just before serving, brush with butter mixture and sprinkle with parsley.
- serve with cooked rice.