Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
This takes only minutes to make and is a healthy, but yummy alternative to a side dish. Your kids will eat this any day over plain broccoli! This recipe uses dried cranberries and is just super! Sometimes I add cooked pasta for a filler, and I'll add 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken for a complete meal!
Top Review by WiGal
Featured in my Book#237470. Originally reviewed on Mar. 15, 2008. DH and I loved the combination of flavors-the dried cranberries really compliment the broccoli. DH is crazy about broccoli so it is wonderful to have another broccoli recipe. It is fast and easy and I always have the ingredients on hand. I always like red and green together-(and I am not Italian). Thank you Melvin's Wife for another keeper:) I made for the Every Day Is A Holiday Tag.
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 946.36 ml broccoli florets
- 118.29 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and cranberries, sauté 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp and tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or cold.
- ***Add chicken and or pasta to make a meal.