Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A quick and easy way to serve broccoli.
Top Review by yamakarasu
Very simple, quick and tasty! I've been looking for healthier recipes lately and this is great. I forgot that I had run out of parmesan so I just shredded some cheddar over top and it was delicious. I'll make this again next time with parmesan too. Thanks!
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into uniform bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added chicken broth or 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam the broccoli in a medium pot by bringing about 1 inch of water to a boil. Place the steamer basket with the cut broccoli in the pot. Cover and steam for about 3 minutes, until the broccoli is bright green, and firm-tender.
- Remove from heat and run the broccoli under cold water to stop the cooking process. Make sure the water drains out.
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Add the oil, broth, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Heat for about 1 minute, until the sauce is very fragrant and bubbling.
- Add the steamed broccoli and toss with the sauce, cooking briefly until the broccoli is heated through. Immediately place in a serving dish and sprinkle with Reggiano Parmesan cheese.