Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I made them on experimental basis and they turned out amazing. Have them with some cheese or mayo dip to make them taste better.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups flour (plus more for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast (levelled)
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 beaten egg, to brush on top
- 1-In a large bowl, stir together water, 1/2 cup flour, sugar and yeast; let sit until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- 2-Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, oil, chilli powder, garlic, oregano and salt; knead on a floured surface to form a smooth dough.
- 3-Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover; let sit until doubled in size, about 2 hour.
- 4-Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- 5-Punch down dough and divide into 2 equal pieces.
- 6-Roll each piece into a 6x10 inch rectangle; cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch strip each.
- 7-Arrange strips on prepared baking sheet let stand until they puff up, about 15 minutes.
- 8-Brush egg on top of them.
- 9-Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- 10-Let cool and crisp before serving.