I made some Truffle Oil with Peppercorns and Thyme Truffle Oil With Peppercorns and Thyme so what do I do make crusty garlic bread with it! Yummy! A nice side to a dinner or serve as an appetizer.
- 1 loaf crusty bread, cut into slices
- 1⁄4 cup truffle oil
- 1⁄4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 12 -16 very thinly sliced truffles, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place In a food processor the oil,softened butter, garlic, cheese and herbs.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Slice the bread into 1-inch thick slices.
- You will need 12 to 16 slices.
- Spread the butter mixture onto 1 side of each bread slice.
- Arrange slices, butter side up and bake in the oven until lightly toasted, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Top each with a slice of truffles.
I got some truffle oil for xmas and this was my first try with it. Delicious! I cut the truffle oil in half since it is a rather intense flavor for me
Delicious garlic bread! I love how garlicky it is and all the fresh herbs in it. I used half the amount of butter in this, and put the truffle oil on after baking, so it would retain its full flavor. This would even be stellar without the truffle oil!
This was so special and delecate with earthy aromas! This was the first recipe I tried with my Truffle Oil brought from Italy and I didn't even have truffle to add on top and still it was perfect. Oh, and I only had dried herbs, used 1/2 tsp each, perfect. Thank you for yet another keeper, Rita L.