Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've been on a Mediterranean Kick in the last 3 months and have tried quite a few good recipes from various sources. Today I am going to post some. This one is from a Femina magazine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 330 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 25 g parsley, chopped
- 25 g basil, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices thick crusty bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Heat the 1 tblsp olive oil in a non stick skillet or fry pan.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for around 10 mins stirring now and then till the mushrooms are browned.
- Sprinkle with the fresh herbs and seasonings.
- Remove from heat.
- Toast the bread and rub with the cut side of garlic clove (drizzle with a little olive oil before you rub the garlic if you feel like the extra fat;) Place each bread slice on 4 serving plates.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture evenly over the bread slives and serve.
Garlic & mushrooms - how could you not like it? I scaled the recipe in half (cooking for 2 people) and served as a side with spaghetti & Caesar salad. Thanx Fay!
RF is right, this is a great combination that will become a regular at my house. Thanks Fay, for the great recipe.
this is wonderful,it combines two of my favorite things garlic and mushrooms,what more could you ask for if you love these things this dish is for u