Recipe by Girl from India
I've been on a Mediterranean Kick in the last 3 months and have tried quite a few good recipes from various sources. Today I am going to post some. This one is from a Femina magazine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 330 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 25 g parsley, chopped
- 25 g basil, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices thick crusty bread
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the 1 tblsp olive oil in a non stick skillet or fry pan.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for around 10 mins stirring now and then till the mushrooms are browned.
- Sprinkle with the fresh herbs and seasonings.
- Remove from heat.
- Toast the bread and rub with the cut side of garlic clove (drizzle with a little olive oil before you rub the garlic if you feel like the extra fat;) Place each bread slice on 4 serving plates.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture evenly over the bread slives and serve.