Recipe by Cookin' Mommy
This recipe is adapted from Weber Grill's website. An nice addition would be some chopped anchovy fillets on top or serve Serrano ham on the side.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
I had to use parmesean in this but this was outstanding. One of the best recipes I've tried lately and I've tried some real winners. The garlic, balsamic and olive oil just are amazing with the tomatos and cheese.
- 8 slices bread, freshly baked about 3/4 inch thick each and 2 inches in diameter
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 8 manchego cheese or 8 parmesan cheese, paper-thin slices
- 2 tomatoes, ripe and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to low.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of the bread. Place bread on the grill over direct low heat and toast on one side, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place bread on cutting board or other work surface toasted sides facing up. Rub garlic vigorously over the toasted side only of the bread.
- Place sliced cheese on top of garlic rubbed toast and return to the grill until cheese melts slightly, approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer bread to a plate.
- In a medium bowl add the chopped tomatoes and toss with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add mixture to top of melted cheese and garnish with basil. Serve immediately.