Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so yummy with lasagne/pasta! From Kraft.
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all ingredients except bread.
- Slice bread partially at 1 inch intervals; be careful to not cut all the way through loaf.
- Spread 1 side of each slice with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 425F for 25 minutes; serve hot.
- You may also use 2 TB of chopped fresh parsley instead of oregano.
I made 1/2 of this recipe and froze the other 1/2 of the bread. The only thing I changed was to omit the pepper, for my family's taste. It was beautiful, for sure, but the middle was a bit mushy. If I make it again (because the flavor wowed them!), I will just cut it into the slices, bake for just a few minutes, put the toppings on and bake a little longer. I liked the convience of this method, but it didn't work out. Thanks for the flavor!
I left out the cheese to make it low fat, and used Healthy Smart light butter spread instead of butter. Great taste, tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Just the right amount of seasoning and not much fat! Thanks for the recipe, my family loved it.
Yum! Fabulous bread, very cheesy, not too buttery, if there is such a thing. I usually keep garlic bread in the freezer along with containers of spaghetti sauce for busy nights. This bread would also be great to make ahead or for OAMC, especially since it can be frozen and then baked in the foil wrapping. Thanks, WaterMelon, for sharing your recipe!